Monday, 25 March 2013

Urban Outfitters Dust

Happy Monday! Did you have a good weekend? I saw Life of Pi last night (finally) and it was stunning and amazing! I can't believe it took me so long to see it...but better late than never!

In other news, with the loss of Google Reader (which I will post about later this week), I finally decided to make a Facebook page! Head on over there and give it a "like" if you feel so inclined. :)

Even though it's technically spring, it's still semi-snowy and semi-cold here, so how about a nice winter manicure? Urban Outfitters Dust is a silver glitter polish in a slightly blue tinted base. I counted at least three-four different sizes of glitters in Dust, ranging from the micro glitter to large hexes. For the pictures below I layered one coat of Dust over Revlon Royal, a royal blue jelly.

One coat of Dust over Revlon Royal


Urban Outfitters Dust

Urban Outfitters Dust appears to be a pretty quality dupe for Deborah Lippmann Today was a Fairytale. While I don't have Today was a Fairytale to compare, google tells me that they are very close.

Like most glitters, Dust has a pretty thick formula, but it ensures that you'll get a generous amount of glitter on the brush and it isn't gloopy. I also had no problem with the glitter curling, all of it stayed flat on my nails.

Dust has a great glitter payoff, and you could definitely wear it on its own after a few coats of polish. I really love how well it works as a layering polish though. I initially wanted to pair it with the dark, dusty navy of Essie Bobbing for Baubles, but I changed my mind and went with the lighter, royal blue of Revlon Royal. The wintery look Dust and Royal give off together warms my cold, snow-loving heart!

What do you think? Do you own any Urban Outfitters nail polish? 

11 comments:

  1. Dust is packed with glitter !!!! Pretty mani, Jenn :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicky! There sure is a lot of glitter in there :)

      Delete
  2. I liked your FB Page! And this combo is so sparkly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, thanks Heather! :) I'm glad you like the combo!

      Delete
  3. This is such a cool combo! I love the way it looks! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  4. These UO bottles are so cute! Such a dreamy, wintery manicure :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, I love their square bottles! I'm glad you like the manicure :) <3

      Delete
  5. Nice Blog :)

    You are invited to my "International Giveaway by Born Pretty Store".
    http://beauty-fulll.blogspot.com/2013/03/international-giveaway-by-born-pretty.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read and appreciate every single one and will respond to all. :)
If you want to leave a link to your blog or website please send me an e-mail rather than leaving it in the comments - I would love to check it out! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...